Thursday, May 22, 2008

holy crap - 2 months!


It feels like only yesterday that I posted last. Apparently it's been 2 months.
I'm currently sitting in my living room with an industrial restoration fan going. There was a bit of a leak  and my dishwasher may need to be repaired. Tonight, however, I have to try and sleep with this thing going.
We'll see how that goes.

Anyways, award for best website this week is: GraphJam: Pop culture for people in cubicles.

I work with a lot of graphs and such at work. So many sometimes that I want to scream and run far away; avoid it all together. But then I think, "What about KPI's - won't somebody please think of the KPI reports that need to be done in order to quantify that we are on target and doing what we are supposed to be doing?"
A picture is worth a thousand words, according to my project management instructor. But how about a giggle every now and then? That's why I love GraphJam, it's everything that a pop culture whore like me needs when I'm having a stressful day at the office. That's pretty much going to be the next 6 weeks for me.
I'm imagining things already: customers complaining, emails piling up, items not processed and all for a 3 day course. Is it worth it? We'll see on Monday. Hopefully GraphJam will have something to cheer me up.

This weekend is the birthday of one of my best friends. It's definitely been a project to manage but I think things will work out. Hopefully everyone shows up and eats and contributes a bit towards the coffer. And of course the hope that the ex-bf doesn't bring his current gf (who I suspect he bought a corset (piece of lingerie) for WELL before we split) and her daughter. But that would be in a perfect universe.

On another topic: I hate cell phones. People: if you are out with someone or talking to them (in person) DON'T ANSWER IT. That's what voicemail is for. Let them leave you a message. Honestly, I feel like a second class person sometimes, especially when they are really long discussions. I'm not saying I follow my own rules 100% but I try and make sure that it's only important phone calls that I get. But really, I love my cell phone. I got rid of my landline because no one would call me on it. I rarely used it and it was a waste of $25 a month. MAYBE, if Telus got its act together and offered Telus TV in my area, I would combine all of services and get internet, tv and a land line with them. But they are stalling and say that they are "working on it." For now, Shaw gets my money.

That's it! Good night! Happy readings! I'm off to my bed then maybe the gym tomorrow morning at the evil hour of 6:00 am and a sub-terran class on project management.

Oh, and here's a feel good photo for all the ladies:

3 comments:

Terry said...

GraphJam was awesome. Definitely bookmarking that one. Funny comic too.

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is very nice

Anonymous said...

A month ago I was exactly feeling how you are feeling now, in pain, crying, heart broken, and then I found this site saveabreakup.com and I followed their instructions, I had my girlfriend come back to me in no time so fast!! I was so so happy and I'm still very happy, don't give up! I suggest you view the free videos that tell you what to do on saveabreakup.com