Sunday, January 20, 2008

nothing like a good book

This past month I have had A LOT more time to read. Plus I've felt more comfortable reading at home. It's bright with natural light in my new place. So, again, I've read a lot more in the past few weeks.
I've read The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Nights, White Oleander, The Gum Thief and The Virgin Suicides. I'd have to say not too bad!
BTW: I found this on Post Secret and had to laugh.



But last night I decided to go see a movie. For weeks I've been promised to go see The Golden Compass but I've given up hope on that.
So last night I saw "The Kite Runner". Given that the book was amazing and unbeatable in film-version, the movie was pretty good. The young boys did an amazing acting job and the scenery was more spectacular than I could have imagined.
Ultimately, the book and film both give hope that Afghanistan was once a beautiful place that was more civilized, and that it can be once again.
One can only hope.

I had a massive headache last night and got about 10 hours of sleep. I'm hoping that was my "Sunday headache". Today's schedule includes doing a thorough cleaning of my apartment and 40 mins or so in the infrared sauna - YAY! Good sweat.

1 comment:

cher said...

young boys normally do a good job